My four children play hockey.
Considering their experience with the game, I realize how much it has given them thus far in their life. Because of hockey:
- They are incredibly fit;
- They are tough;
- They have more friends and more acquaintances;
- They know the more they practice, the better they get;
- They have a healthy ego given their achievements;
- They are skilled at time management because they only have so much time to do their homework;
- Their coaches are mentors and friends; and
- They have developed a better sense of humour given all the repartee connected to the game.
Thus far Canada’s game has been very good to both my children and our family. I hope the love affair continues.